With all the family gatherings, parties, and birthday’s that come along with the holiday season, finding time to enjoy a night as a couple can be hard. That’s why we came up with 5 date night ideas for you, no thinking and minimal planning involved. So, block off a day, and take some time to experience unique entertainment, food, and drinks in Lenawee County.
- Bundle up, get some fresh air, and take a stroll through the Adrian Comstock Christmas Riverwalk. There are over 400 Christmas Trees all individually decorated, along the beautiful River Raisin. From Comstock Park, take a short walk to downtown Adrian and warm up with a beverage at Farver’s at the Croswell. You can even catch a show afterwards in the theatre if you plan for a day when a performance is occurring, if not, Farver’s offers live music on many nights for entertainment. Finish the night with dinner at Sauce in downtown Adrian because pasta is the perfect date night cuisine.
- Make a drive to Michigan International Speedway and venture through the Nite Lites Christmas Light Show from the comfort of your car. Tune your radio in to their station (promoted along the route) and watch as the lights dance to each jingle. After your drive through the speedway, head over to Cherry Creek Cellars and enjoy some wine or cider in one of their beautiful outdoor igloos. Top it off with a delicious Charcuterie Board with your choice of two premium cheeses, one meat, grapes, olives, crackers, and dipping mustard. You can even order a dessert Charcuterie Board - if you’ve got a sweet tooth.
- Let’s switch it up to a day date idea. This one involves coffee, a fun class and lunch. Start the day by picking up a coffee, tea, cold brew, latte, or cappuccino from Starling Lounge in downtown Blissfield. From there, walk a couple stores down to the Do Art Here studio where you can take a watercolor painting class or acrylic painting class. After you’ve finished your masterpiece, head over to Lisa’s Brunch Box for a warm, homemade lunch. They serve up soup, salad, a variety of sandwiches, loaded tater tots and more.
- Couldn’t write this without the classic dinner and a movie idea. This one takes you to the cozy Clinton Theatre to catch a film in a historic theatre that dates to 1939. The best part? All tickets are just $4. After your movie, make a stop at Hometown Pizza and dine-in or carry-out one of their specialties like a beef or chicken taco pizza.
- Finally, we’re suggesting a night out for some good laughs and fine dining in downtown Tecumseh. Order tickets for the Tecumseh Center for the Arts Comedy Show on Saturday, January 21 and then head to The Station for dinner and drinks. Enjoy a bottle of bubbly, a craft cocktail, and choose from steak, salad, seafood, pasta, and burgers for your entrée.
To cap off a great night, book a room at one of Lenawee’s hotels or bed and breakfasts and relax and renew. Explore places to stay here.